- 1-24 oz Jar Botticelli Marinara Sauce
- 1 Pound Ricotta
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed, drained and excess water squeezed out
- 2 Cups plus 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, divided
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Pound Botticelli Rigatoni
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Line a standard baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Oil a 9 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
To make the Filling:
- In a food processor combine the Ricotta, spinach, 1 cup of the grated parmigiano, eggs, salt and pepper. Process until very smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Scrape the filling out and into a disposable pastry bag or a gallon sized plastic zipper top bag. Set aside.
- Spread one cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Snip a tiny corner off the pastry bag or the plastic bag to create an opening no bigger than the rigatoni.
- Start really small and you can always cut the bag some more if you need to. Fill each of the rigatoni with the filling, filling both ends if necessary.
- Stand each of the rigatoni up in the pan and continue until the pan is full. You will use the entire pound of pasta so make sure you squeeze every last one in there!
- Spread the remaining sauce in the jar over the top of the pasta, about 1 1/2 cups and sprinkle with the remains parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Add Mozzarella and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the ring to loosen and remove the spring. Cut in wedges and serve!
Courtesy of Cooking with Nonna