1 10-pound turkey, completely thawed
2 cups ready-made stuffing, divided (optional)
4 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Lemon peel and juice of 1 large lemon
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a rack at the lowest position in the oven.
- Prepare turkey by adding salt and pepper inside large cavity. Add 1-1/2 cups of stuffing inside large cavity. Add the rest of the stuffing inside smaller cavity.
- Separate the skin from the breast meat with your fingers, starting at the top of the breast and sliding to the right and left, then working down. Arrange the pieces of the cut-up butter onto the meat under the skin. Tie the legs together and tuck the wing tips under. Place the turkey in a roasting pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine olive oil, garlic, lemon peel and rosemary; heat over medium-low heat and cook until hot.
- Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice all over turkey. Season entire turkey with salt and pepper. Brush turkey all over with 1/2 of the infused olive oil. Place in oven and roast turkey for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Add water to pan, tent foil over turkey and continue to roast for 11/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees. Brush turkey with remaining infused olive oil every 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a turkey platter, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting. Serve.