Fresh & Creamy Dessert
- ¼ cup Botticelli Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-quart strawberries, halved leaves & stems removed
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint (cut with a sharp scissor avoids bruising)
Combine vinegar, sugar and pepper in medium bowl; stir until sugar dissolves.
Add strawberries, then stir gently to coat them with the vinegar mixture.
Rest the berries at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh mint just before serving.
Yield: 3 cups (4-6 servings)
Tip: Spoon these delicious berries over pound cake, angel food cake, ice cream, whipped cream or—our favorite—Italian cheeses such as ricotta or mascarpone.