Flavorful Appetizer or Snack
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 28-30 slices)
- ½ cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Oil, divided
- 1 cup Botticelli Fire Roasted Sweet Peppers, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet. Pour ¼ cup olive oil into a small bowl, then brush bread slices with oil. Bake about 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
Stir together remaining ¼ cup olive oil, roasted peppers, cheeses, capers, garlic and black pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture onto top of each toasted bread slice. Sprinkle with parsley and basil, and serve immediately.
Tip: To serve warm, place bruschetta in oven for 4 to 5 minutes at 350° until cheeses are melted, then sprinkle with the basil and parsley.