Great Side Dish
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup Botticelli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, if desired
Place potatoes, garlic cloves, and 1 teaspoon salt in large pot. Cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Drain potatoes and return them to the pot. Add milk, olive oil, cheese and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Using an electric mixer or a potato masher, beat until smooth and creamy.
Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.
Tip: Drizzle extra olive oil on top!
Yield: 6 cups