Easy and Tasty Appetizer
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, cut into 32 slices (¼” thick)
- 6 ounces sliced smoked salmon, cut into 32 pieces
Make the topping. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, capers, parsley, lemon zest, ¼ teaspoon onion powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
Toast the bread slices. Preheat oven to 350°. Mix remaining 1/3 cup olive oil with remaining ¼ teaspoon onion powder, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in small bowl. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet; brush each with olive oil mixture. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until bread is slightly golden on edges. Remove from oven.
Assemble the crostini. Evenly divide sliced salmon among toasted bread slices, then garnish each slice with caper-parsley mixture. Drizzle with extra olive oil before serving