Good-For-You & Tasty Entree
- 2 medium oranges or blood oranges
- 1/3 cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 salmon filet (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme, basil)
Cut one of the oranges in half crosswise; squeeze the juice from one of the halves into a small bowl. Slice the remaining orange half into thin slices. Slice the second orange into thin slices.
Preheat oven to 300°. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the orange juice, honey, turmeric, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Spread remaining olive oil in bottom of a shallow baking dish. Top with half of the orange slices. Place salmon filet on top of orange slices. Pour honey-turmeric mixture evenly over salmon. Arrange remaining orange slices around the salmon. Bake 20 – 30 minutes until salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. Sprinkle with the herbs and serve with pan juices.
Tip: For a crispy top, broil salmon 2 to 3 minutes at the end of the cooking time.