Refreshing and Zesty Salad
- ¼ cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb. extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mandarin oranges, drained, with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons Botticelli Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions, divided
- ½ tablespoon honey (optional)
- 4 to 6 cups mixed salad greens
Make the shrimp. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, chili powder and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Mix well and add the shrimp. Marinate 10 to 30 minutes, then preheat grill to high. Grill shrimp 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through.
Make the vinaigrette. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, place the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons reserved Mandarin orange juice, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the chopped scallions, honey, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
Assemble the salad. Arrange greens on a large platter. Add the remaining scallions, oranges and shrimp. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
Yield: 5 servings (5 to 6 shrimp per serving)