1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 cups cake flour
1 ¼ cups shredded coconut
½ cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
2 teaspoons coconut extract
• Preheat oven 350°. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil on the bottom and sides of inch spring-form cake pan. Sprinkle pan evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
• Combine flour, shredded coconut, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well; set aside.
• Combine remaining 1 cup sugar, eggs, and coconut extract in a large bowl using electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale yellow in color.
• Add coconut milk and remaining 1 cup olive oil; beat 30 seconds. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
• Pour batter into prepared pan and use a flat knife to spread it evenly. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick or cake tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Remove form oven, cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Invert onto a plate.
• Combine 1 cup of confectioners (powdered) sugar with 2 to 2 ½ tablespoons of canned coconut milk until smooth. Whisk well until smooth. Spread on cooled cake and sprinkle with additional shredded coconut.
Tip: Skip the glaze and dust top of cooled cake with confectioners (powdered) sugar