Great Side or Snack
- 1 cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (pignolia nuts)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. mini peppers (about 15), cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
Arrange peppers, cut side up on foil-lined baking sheet.
Preheat oven 375°. Combine 3/4 cup olive oil, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl; whisk until sugar is dissolved, and set aside.
Mix breadcrumbs, raisins, pine nuts, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil mixture and stir to combine.
Divide breadcrumb mixture evenly among peppers on baking sheet. Drizzle remaining ¼ cup olive oil over the stuffed peppers. Bake 20 minutes until peppers are tender and breadcrumbs are golden.