- 1/3 cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced assorted fresh vegetables (such as zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, peas)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup assorted deli meats and cheeses (such as ham, pepperoni, salami, provolone), diced
Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the vegetables and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place remaining olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
Place rice, cooked vegetables, and meats/cheeses in large serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil mixture; toss to combine well.
Yield: 6 cups
Tip: 1 cup of uncooked rice yields 3 cups of cooked rice