Wonderful Side Dish or Entree Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (16 ounces) Botticelli Penne Rigate, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup Botticelli Fire Roasted Sweet Peppers, diced
- ½ cup chopped pitted black olives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in olive oil and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, then add chopped walnuts. Cook and stir until nuts are golden, about 3 to 4 minutes; set aside.
Combine cooked pasta, peppers, olives and cheese in a large serving bowl; toss to combine. Add cooked walnuts, basil, salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.
Tip: Add extra olive oil if desired.